Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Keeping up with Maddy, Day 3 & 4



Last night I was just too darned tired to blog.   Maddy kept us busy with several walks on the beach, a walk through the deserted resort, snorkeling and a trip to Playa Del Carmen.  


Gerry just scared the bejeezus out of Maddy as she was hiding beside the doorway waiting for me to come through so she could jump out and scare me.   I walked out a completely different doorway and foiled her evil plot! 




 They grow their spiders big and very pretty down here.
 


I don't know what kind of bird this is.  It has a beautiful tail.



Yet another beautiful plant that I have no idea what it is called.   




As the waves come crashing in, they fill the air pockets below the rocks and air comes rushing out of the fissures.  The blow holes are loud and Maddy was amazed that she could feel it.  I was hoping water would come spouting out at her (it does when the water is rough).   Oh well, maybe next time.  :)   


On one of the walks along the beach we saw our friend John heading out for one of his many kayak trips. 

 By the time the day came to an end yesterday, I was flat on back.   All I wanted to do today was snorkel because the only time my back feels pretty good is when I am in the water.


We snorkeled from shore at Akumal beach..  The viz wasn't great, but we saw a few turtles and a couple of rays.   Maddy liked Yal Ha better than snorkeling from shore because there was a lot more fish to see.    Afterward we went to Lucy's for lunch. Maddy felt that it is only fair to put a picture of me eating on the blog, since the other day I put a picture of her sleeping on the blog.  I had one shrimp taco and one fish taco.  The shrimp taco was delicious.    The fish taco was good, but I still prefer the ones in Sayulita.      


Akumal is crazy expensive.   Maddy has wanted some Sun Chips since she saw them in Akumal the other day.   I almost had the big one when they rang it up.  75 pesos!!!  I had 20 pesos in my hand, and had to ask her to repeat the cost.  I couldn't believe my ears.   Here it is....a $6.00 bag of chips.    It actually made the 110 peso hamburger seem reasonable.     

        


 When we got back to Myrtle I rested up for a couple of hours, then Maddy and I went out on our beach for another snorkel.   She was enthralled by a little bluehead Thalassoma bifasciatum much like this one.  I didn't take this picture, I found it on the internet.  One day I am going to have to invest in an underwater camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment