Thursday, January 24, 2013

Tulum

My sister Barbara has been on vacation here for the last 8 days.   She has been sick for the last 3 days, but because she is going home the day after tomorrow, she decided to get out to see Tulum this afternoon regardless.    It closes at 5:00 p.m., we arrived at 4:00 p.m.   

I have been told you have to get there by 8:00 a.m. to miss the crowds, but by the end of the day the crowds have slimmed down.   There were still quite a few people there, but not so many that we couldn't get some decent pictures without random folks in them.   1 hour is not enough time, but I think 2 hours would do.


Once you get past all the vendors, you come to this passageway through a stone wall. 


When I came out the other side, I was awestruck.   I felt as though I had been transported to a different world.   It was beautiful. 



It was threatening to rain the whole time we were there. 




With only 1 hour to tour the ruins, even the guides told us there was not enough time left to bother to hire them.   I will get another chance, and I will hire a guide next time.      






No comments:

Post a Comment