Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas vacation is over...back to the grind of Xpu Ha

I'm back in Xpu Ha after a very busy but wonderful trip home for Christmas.   It feels like I was gone about 5 minutes, but I was home for 18 days.    

After a long day of travelling, all I did was chill last night.    I got used to the lovely cold weather in Canada, so this heat is going to take some getting used to.   :)

Today was pretty relaxing, we walked on the beach, got some groceries, attended happy hour and took a few pictures of birds.    









Happy Hour
We were sitting around eating, laughing, drinking when all of a sudden I heard a loud thud and the ground shook.    


I looked over my shoulder, and there was this big cluster of coconuts still settling into the sand.   



I got to wondering just how many people die each year from falling coconuts, so as usual, I googled it.   

I found this interesting and amusing article.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2405/are-150-people-killed-each-year-by-falling-coconuts

I have heard that 87% of statistics are made up on the spot.   It's true, just ask my daughter-in-law Morgan. There is even a facebook page and 255 people have liked it.   

https://www.facebook.com/pages/87-of-statistics-are-made-up-on-the-spot/10150139478640315
  

1 comment:

  1. hahahah. To be fair, I make an attempt to change the "x% of statistics are made up on the spot" everytime I use that line.

    Amazing Bird Photos!! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! And I'm so excited I finally get to say that, lol.

    ReplyDelete