Friday, March 16, 2012

Lake Casa Blanca State Park

As always after pushing it too hard, both Gerry and I were down today.   We're staying here at the Lake Casa Blanca State Park at least another night.    From now on we don't have to do two hard days in a row again, and if I have my way we won't do any hard days at all.  :) 

On the way to have a shower this morning, Gerry and his eagle eye spotted this.   Can you see the deer?   I couldn't see it until I looked at the picture he took.   


I had no problem seeing it after we spooked it.

I love the sports setting on the camera...you just hold the button down and it takes rapid fire pictures.



On the way down we saw quite a few roadrunners, but driving back to Texas we were disappointed didn't see a single one.   Much to our delight, Gerry looked out the window and there was a roadrunner hanging out a few feet from Myrtle.   


After he took a few pictures through the window, I tried to open the door so we could get a picture without the blurring of the glass.    She took off like a bat out of hell, and I didn't have time to take a single picture.    


When we were here in November the lake was low; they hadn't had rain in months.   Everything is green again and the lake is way up.   They tell us they got 4 to 5 inches of rain a month since December.

It is amazing where a cacts can grow.   This one is coming  from a solid piece of rock.


Say goodnight Myrtle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment